Friday, April 20, 2007

The Pause that Refreshes

Todos Santos
We stayed in La Paz almost a month, learning our way around more, finding a better grocery store and more restaurants. We even took in a movie or two. Our friend Robert drove us and his Australian Shepherd, Dusty, in his Prius to Todos Santos on the Pacific coast one day and on another day to a nearby beach, Tecolote. Dusty likes to play Frisbee on the beach and I really enjoyed having a dog around. I also reconnected with my basset hound friend who lives near the marina.

Elixir
the cure for the common cold
I caught a cold that turned into something like a sinus infection. One of the taxi drivers that hangs out near the marina asked "Como estas?" I replied, "Estoy resfriado" (I have a cold). He said "Tomas tequila" (drink tequila). I laughed thinking he was kidding, but after my next margarita, my sinus infection cleared up.